Was Sentences Examples in Hindi & English
दैनिक उपयोग अंग्रेजी वाक्य हिंदी में का उपयोग था/थी वाक्य
Was is the first and third person singular of the past tense of be.
The past tense of To Be in English has two forms: WAS and WERE
- WAS – Affirmative
- Which always describe the truth.
- WAS - Negative Sentences
- The negative of To Be can be made by adding not after the verb (was or were).
- WAS - Negative Contractions
- The can make negative contractions of the verb To Be in the Past tense by joining the verb (was or were) and n't (e.g. was not = wasn't). We don't make a contraction of the subject and the verb (e.g. I was).
- WAS - Questions
- To create questions with To Be, you put the Verb before the Subject. Before the verb you can also have a WH- Question word (Why, Who, What, Where etc.) Were you happy?-Yes, I was.
Why were you happy?-Because, I was selected in IAS exam.
- WAS - Short Answers
- We usually give short answers in response to questions. Was he from India? - Yes, he was (from India).
- The last part (from India) is not necessary. We use shorts answers to avoid repetition, when the meaning is clear.With WAS, We don't use contractions in affirmative short answers.
Daily use Important Words
Top +99 Exclamation Mark Sentences in Hindi, English Example
Most common exclamation mark sentences in Hindi ...
Top 99+ Love Sentence in Hindi English, Hindi Love Phrases
Romantic Love Sentence in Hindi with English ...
Top English To Hindi Conversation Dialogue For Taxi Travel
New taxi travel conversation in Hindi through ...
Top Hindi Conversation for Bus Travel with English Meaning
New Hindi conversation for bus travel. Hindi ...